Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Student Led Parent Conference

After all of these weeks of preparation,  I will finally have my student-led parent conference. Now that I have reflected, written about my reflections, and tabbed specific examples of work in my portfolio, I am completely prepared.  
There are still some things I am a bit nervous about. What will it be like talking to my parents about myself academically for a whole hour? I am afraid that it will be awkward, or that I will run out of things to say. I know I have a whole outline planned but what if my parents don't want to stick to it? Even though I have worries, I know that at the end I will be so happy, because I have accomplished a lot in this process. And I'm excited for my conference too, because it will be cool to look back through my portfolio at all my work and see how far I've come in the past three years I've been at Rivers. I hope everything goes well tonight!

No comments: